Privacy notice for applicants and job candidates at Auction Group A/S
In accordance with articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this privacy notice describes how Auction Group A/S (“AUTOproff”, "we" or "us") process personal data about candidates for positions with us.
1 Data controller
The legal entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
Auction Group A/S
Company Registration (CVR) No: 35 23 88 75
+45 82 303 505
2 Description of processing activities
In order for us to manage the recruitment process, we may process the following categories of personal information about you:
- Contact information, including address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Information on educational background, including diplomas
- Information on current and prior occupation, including appraisals and other statements from prior employers
- Information on specific competencies, e.g. languages spoken, certifications, etc.
- Results from tests taken during the recruitment (personality and skills tests)
- Any other information provided by you.
We collect data either directly from you, your profiles on social medias such as Linkedin or from persons you have allowed us to contact for references.
We will process your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation where you provide your consent to us collecting information from persons you have indicated as references, and/or to us retaining your information for an extended period if you are not offered or do not accept employment with us.
- Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation, as the processing is necessary for the entering into a contract with you
- Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation, as the processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest in identifying the most relevant candidates to offer employment to.
We share your personal information with providers of IT-services, such as hosting of our IT systems, including systems used for personality and skills testing.
If the recruitment process results in you being employed with us, the information from the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and stored in accordance with the retention procedures for information about employees as set out in our privacy notice for employees.
If we are not able to offer you a position – or if you reject a job offer from us – we will keep your personal data for up to 6 months from the end of the month we were mutually informed that you will not be working with us. However, we may ask you for consent to store your information for an extended period.
However, under special circumstances such periods may be shorter or longer, e.g. if data is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
3 Export of personal data to third countries
We do not transfer your personal data to countries outside EU/EEA.
In the event we engage with sub-suppliers we set up a demand for the sub-supplier to encrypt all data in accordance with the standards equivalent to meet ensure the data is not usable for the data processor or third party.
4 Mandatory information
Any information you provide to us is provided voluntarily. However, if you do not provide the information requested, it may affect our possibilities to offer you a relevant position with us.
5 Your rights
You have the following rights:
- You are entitled to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You are also entitled to oppose the processing of your personal data and to request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- You have in particular an unconditional right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you are entitled to revoke such consent at any time. Revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to your revocation of consent.
- You are entitled to receive personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability
- You can always lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, for example the Danish Data Protection Agency.
Such rights may be subject to conditions or restrictions. Accordingly, there is no certainty that you will be entitled to for example data portability in the specific situation; it will depend on the circumstances of the processing.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, using the contact information provided in section 1.
Last updated: 14 November 2021